Sunday, December 18, 2011

Good Bye 2011!

I have been sitting here thinking about the year 2011 and all that happened. A word that can describe 2011 for me is Roller coaster.
The year started off with my best friend getting engaged on New Year's eve. I have never been so happy for someone than I was her. She has been through so much in her life, that I was so happy for her to begin a new wonderful chapter in her life. I was the Matron of Honer while Mariah was the flower girl. We were both very honored to be apart of such a special day!

Mariah started Kindergarten. This was a very bittersweet time for me. I am glad she had two year's of pre-school. This allow letting my little girl go off into the world without me a little easier. The big change was she is riding the bus two and from. She has grown so much. The love for learning, I hope never end's for her. She is learning to sound and write word's, and beginning to read. I looked at her today and couldn't get over how big she is now!! Very proud of her.

Olivia and I got time together while Mariah was off to school. She has such a unique personality that I just love. Every time she can she will make you laugh. Her big accomplishment this summer was being potty trained!!  She was so proud of herself and when she got the hang of it, pull up's were for babies in her mind. Big girl panties is what she wanted and did great with them day and night!! Her love for purses and playing dress up is a everyday thing. I am very proud of her also!

This year Ryan and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary together. We were going to go away but due to the rain we spend the day and night together without the girls. You often forget what it's like to go shopping without children. We spent the day shopping and had dinner at the Melting Pot. It was really nice for him and I to have some time together.

Then the year took a turn for the worst. I spent the month of July off and on in Lexington at the hospital with my Grandma.  At the end of the month I had to say good bye to her. She wasn't going to give up with out a fight. The holidays's are approaching and it's really hard with out her with us. She always come up and spent a week with us around the holiday's. I would wake up with her and Mom on the Holiday's. She is such an amazing woman.
We had to say good bye to Ryan's cousin also a few weeks after Grandma. A very sweet guy who always had a smile on his face. Life was taken way to early.

Ryan and I had our ten year class reunion this year. It's crazy that time has gone by so fast. I didn't go to my reunion but we went to Ryan's. It was fun and loved seeing all our old buddies!! We always talked about where we would be in ten year's. I never would have dreamed of being so blessed as I am right now!!

After year's of praying I finally felt like reaching out to my Dad, whom I have never met before was something I was ready to do. What I learned from Grandma was that life is to short to not regret anything in it. I picked of the phone one night and gave him a call. You would think, what in the world would you talk about to a stranger. But we talked for about an hour. Not about the past but the present. He has cancer and they had a benefit for him. As expensive as chemo and doctor bills can be he was in need of one. I went out and showed my support for him and met him for the first time. I had my sister's and brother there to support me. It was very emotional as you can imagine. I couldn't get over how much I look like him...wow! Since then we talk on the phone every other week and just building on our relationship a little each day.

October came and Ryan and I decided we were ready to try for a third child. That month we found out we were expecting. The four of us are so excited to welcome a new member to our family in June. I never thought that I would have three children. But I felt God's calling along with Ryan. We just knew that it would be perfect for our family. Having a family of five plus our dog Lily seems complete!

One morning I woke up to my nephew getting hit by a car. I was very happy to hear that he would be ok. He had to have surgery on his wrist but would be ok. The what if's kept running through my head. I am very glad that he is all back to normal now. But at the time it was very scary!

As you can see Roller Coaster discribes my year of 2011. I have grown so much from the experience's I have faced. Looking forward to saying good bye to this year and to begin another chapter in my life.  Good Bye 2011!!

Here is a song that hit's home to me this year. I am so blessed God gave me so many blessings in life. My husband and girl's are the best thing that has ever happened to me!!





2 comments:

  1. Wow Sonja! It has been a roller coaster year for you! I'm so sorry about your grandma! I've lost both grandpas, so I understand how hard this time of year is. It's amazing how much more you miss them at Christmas! And congrats on reconnecting with your Father! I'm sorry that he is sick, but I'm grateful you followed those promptings to reach out to him! You will always be grateful for that I think! And you already know I'm excited about that new little one! Your family is so cute and I know you are so excited! I hope 2012 is an amazing year for you guys! We miss you at St. Joe's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet post. Christmas is really hard without Grandma. Even this pregnancy is hard because I would always call her after each doctor's visit for a update. I hope 2012 is great for you as you welcome a new family member as well. We got to St. Joe's on the holiday's because we miss it so much. But usually we stay at IHM by us. Thank so much for your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete